Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Honorable Mentions to My (Forthcoming) Top 40 List

Before I post the my list of Top 40 songs from the 90's, I feel as though I owe it to those songs that just missed making the cut to write a short post honoring them.  While they don't have quite the meaning/memories behind them as the actual Top 40 songs do, this list represents the secondary tier of songs, the "deeper cuts" if you will, of songs that shaped my childhood and memory of the 1990's.

Perhaps this will whet your 90's appetite for the Top 40 entree that will be served to you tomorrow.

(Disclaimer:  There are actually 44 honorable mentions here.  I realize and acknowledge the absurdity of having more honorable mentions than actual songs on the list, and I take full responsibility for the superfluous nostalgia created by this.)


1990's Honorable Mentions:

2 Become 1 - Spice Girls
All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow
All My Life - K-Ci and JoJo
Another Night - Real McCoy
Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
Basket Case - Green Day
Don't Speak - No Doubt
Dreams - The Cranberries
Everyday is a Winding Road - Sheryl Crow
F.N.T. - Semisonic
Freak of the Week - Marvelous 3
Happy - Sister Hazel
Head Over Feet - Alanis Morissette
Hey Leonardo - Blessid Union of Souls
How Bizarre - OMC
I Believe I Can Fly - R Kelly
I Want You Back - 'N Sync
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
I Will Buy You a New Life - Everclear
If You Had My Love - Jennifer Lopez
Ironic - Alanis Morissette
Just a Girl - No Doubt
MmmBop - Hanson
One Headlight - Wallflowers
One Week - Barenaked Ladies
Pink - Aerosmith
Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) - Backstreet Boys
Run Around - Blues Traveler
Santeria - Sublime
Satellite - Dave Matthews Band
Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sex and Candy - Marcy Playground
Shine - Collective Soul
Stay (I Missed You) - Lisa Loeb
The Difference - The Wallflowers
The Impression I Get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
Two Princes - Spin Doctors
Until I Fall Away - Gin Blossoms
What is Love - Haddaway
Wild Wild West - Will Smith
You Were Meant for Me - Jewel
You're Still the One - Shania Twain
Zombie - The Cranberries


...With that out of the way, I plan on posting the actual Top 40 list sometime within the next Willennium.  But for real, it will probably be tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment